Protecting concrete from the harshest environments and corrosive elements doesn’t have to be complicated. You can always use Octaform Quickliner durable PVC panels to act as a barrier that protects your concrete and other surfaces from damage.
The best place to start with protecting your concrete surfaces is to learn what Octaform Quickliner is and how you can incorporate it into your structure to reap the benefits. Here’s what you need to know about Octaform Quickliner panels.
What Is Octaform Quickliner?
Octaform Quickliner PVC wall panels are a registered and trademarked product of Octaform Systems Inc. The company’s Quickliner panels are heavy-duty, extruded, durable PVC panels with interlocking joints along the edges and a glossy finish.
The Octaform system acts as a barrier between the surface they cover and harmful elements such as harsh chemicals and moisture that would otherwise destroy the wall surface.
The panels fasten to the structure in an easy-to-install manner using the interlocking joints, wall trims, fasteners, spacers, and other accessories.
What Surfaces Are Compatible with Octaform Quickliner PVC Panels?
Octaform Quickliner panels are ideal for placement over existing walls and ceilings on surfaces such as:
Quickliner plastic PVC panels attach directly to the surface without having to remove unappealing parts of the wall surface, saving you time, money, and labour. You can also use battens to secure the panels in place.
Industries or Facilities Where Octaform Quickliner Panels Can Be Installed
You can install Quickliner panels from Octaform in the following facilities:
- Food processing plant
- Agriculture and farming
- Cannabis grow facility
- Car wash
- Dairy barn/dairy parlour
- Commercial buildings
- Water and wastewater
What Are Octaform Quickliner Panels Made Of?
Octaform makes its Quickliner panels using polyvinyl chloride (PVC), a recyclable and durable synthetic plastic polymer used widely in the construction industry for panelling, flooring, and other uses.
PVC is enhanced through plasticization to make it more flexible since it is brittle on its own.
The durability of PVC endears it to many construction industry stakeholders because it can remain in good condition for several decades if maintained well. It is also a low-maintenance material that only requires occasional cleaning using a soft cloth and mild soap.
Octaform Quickliner Colours and Finishes
It’s usually disappointing to learn that a revolutionary product you have fallen in love with is available in only one option, which leaves you with no choice but to buy it as it is or forgo it altogether.
With Octaform Quickliner, you have the liberty to choose from different colours and finishes to best match the situational needs of your installation area for enhanced aesthetics.
Besides the standard white colour, you can ask to have your panels made in custom colours, depending on your preferences and the installation location.
How Big Are Octaform Quickliner Wall Panels?
You can buy Octaform designs of different sizes, including custom sizes to best suit your project. The food-grade panels are available in different lengths, between 8 and 20 feet, with a difference of two feet between the sizes.
Like with the colours, you can ask to have your panels made in a custom length.
Each Quickliner panel measures ⅜ inches in thickness and 18 inches in width.
Features of Octaform Quickliner Wall Panels
You’ll want to install only the best protective panels you can find on the market. These should have unbeatable performance features that guarantee good service for the longest time possible without dipping back into your pocket for repairs or reinstallations.
Octaform Quickliner plastic panels have the following likable features and properties:
- Resistance to corrosion, dirt, heat, fading, mold, harsh cleaning chemicals, and moisture for optimum durability
- Class-A fire rated in accordance with UL 723 or ASTM E 84 standards
- CFIA-accepted as high-quality food-grade wall panels
- Easy to install
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Highly hygienic
- Inertness – the panels do not react with most bases, acids, paraffinic hydrocarbon solutions, or salts
How Octaform Quickliner PVC Panels Are Installed
You will need the following tools, materials, and equipment to install Octaform food-safe wall panels on your walls or ceilings:
- Sliding radial arm saw with a 12- or 16-teeth-per-inch blade installed in the reverse direction (or a handheld circular saw with the same fine-tooth blade installed similarly)
- Tin snips
- Hack saw
- Chalk line
- Scaffolding and/or ladders
- Work table
- Tape measure
- Quickliner panels
- Spirit level
- Putty knife
- Drill with driver bits
- Utility knife
The installation procedure will depend on whether you will apply the panels on the walls or the ceiling. If you install them on both, it’s best to start with the ceiling.
How to Install Octaform Quickliner Ceiling Panels
Here are the steps to follow:
- First, determine the panel layout and the width of the first panel. The first or last panel in each line should be at least 8 inches wide.
- Second, use the chalk line to make an end-to-end straight line on the ceiling to indicate the end of the first course.
- Plan the Inside Corner Cove Snap Trim layout and the H-Trim to balance or align well with adjacent courses.
- Maintain a spacing of 4mm (⅛”) at the panel sides for expansion and at least 6mm (¼”) of expansion space at panel ends for all panels up to 16 feet long.
- Fasten the panels at 600mm (24″) maximum along the length. The fasteners should go in the center of each slot and should not be fastened tightly. Fasten the end of the panels within 100mm (4″) and 150mm (6″).
- Install H-Trim at the joints while leaving at least 6mm for expansion. Nail the H-Trim on the opposite side to the wood supports or beams at 600mm along the center.
- Keep monitoring the joints to ascertain the panels remain parallel and are well aligned.
- For the last course, cut the panels to size along their length while leaving at least 6mm of expansion space at each end and 9.5mm (⅜”) on the sides.
How to Install Octaform Quickliner Wall Panels
Follow the steps below to install Quickliner panels on existing walls:
- Plan the layout of the panels and trims for even spacing and alignment during application.
- Determine the layout and width of the first panel to ensure that the first and last panel in each section will be at least 200mm wide.
- Use the chalk line to make a horizontal line across the wall’s base and a vertical line for the edge of the first panel.
- If the Quickliner is being installed in a wet environment like a car wash, start by installing the base trim or J-Trim along the base of the wall. Leave a space of at least 25mm from the floor level or the top of the slab.
- Drill 6mm diameter drain holes in the bottom of the J-Trim at 400mm (16″) intervals in the center. The spacing can be adjusted to fit the project’s needs.
- Install the trim at the top of the wall if the top of the panels is not hidden behind the ceiling finish. Install the panels into J-Trim or Corner Trim. Install OC base or ICC pieces first, followed by the panels, then install the cap pieces to complete the setup.
- If the panels will be insulated on the walls and ceiling, install Multi-Trim once both the ceiling and wall panels are in place.
How to Clean Octaform Quickliner Panels
We have already noted that Octaform Quickliner panels are easy to clean. Here’s how to clean them:
- Wash the panels with a general cleaner applied using a soft bristle brush, soft cloth, or a sponge to remove common dirt and grime.
- If you must use a solvent cleaner, test it out first on a small section of the panelling to check if it will damage the finish on the panels. Avoid cleaners like Pine Power, Clorox, nail polish remover, paint thinner, Tide Power, and Grease Relief.
- Always wear eye and skin protection equipment when using cleaning agents or solvents to clean Quickliner panels.