Downloads & Links
What is Rockwall™ ?
Rockwall™ fire rated wall panels consist of a unique Rockwool mineral fibre core called ‘Conrock‘ with laminated sheet steel permanently bonded to both sides. Once Rockwall™ panels have been installed according to the specific Intertek/Warnock Hersey certification guidelines, the assembly provides 1, 2 and 3 hours of fire resistance with a 4”, 5” and 6” core thickness (respectively).
Once secured in place, a finished Rockwall™ building, ceiling or partition wall also provides a strong and reliable thermal performance system. Structural Panels Inc. offers support, manuals and guidance to anyone looking to work with Rockwall™ panels. Rockwall™ panels can also help reduce insurance costs, protect against loss of business, and even save lives.
Rockwall™ fire rated wall panels are energy efficient and feature an aesthetic profile that will look good for years to come. From fire barriers to large commercial buildings, soffits to demising walls, ceilings to partitions, Rockwall™ panels provide the ideal energy efficient and economical continuous insulation solution for any building project where both fire resistance and thermal control are required.
Features and Benefits of Rockwall™ Fire Rated Wall Panels:
- R-value is 4.1 per inch and it doesn’t deplete over time
- Core thicknesses range from 2.5″ to 10″
- Width is fixed at 46” (3.9’)
- Finish can be either smooth or embossed
- Profile can be smooth, shadowline or microrib
- Available in a variety of standard colours
- CFIA acceptance for sanitary room requirements
- Mold- and mildew-resistant
- Lengths can be custom-tailored to fit nearly any workable height
- Trims, flashings, angles and other accessories can be provided to complete a standard installation
- CFC & HCFC free and environmentally friendly
- Tongue-and-groove edges provide a snug, secure fit
- Produced on a continuous lamination line to ensure outstanding quality
- Contribute to LEED certification programs and the path to Net-Zero Energy targets
- Panels can be custom-tailored/field cut to accommodate windows, doors, ventilation, piping, fans, etc.
- Harmonious transition between Rockwall™ and Isowall® panels (when required)
Where Can Rockwall™ Panels Be Used?
- Breweries, wineries and cideries
- Chemical storage areas
- Clean rooms
- Coolers and freezers
- Corridors and links
- Demising and boundary walls
- Electrical buildings
- Food processing areas
- Interior partitions and room liners
- Large commercial and industrial facilities
- Machinery and equipment rooms
- Medical therapeutics facilities
- Mining and oilfield operations
- Mobile buildings and trailers
- Sanitary rooms
- Storage facilities
- Zero lot lines
- …and many more!
Rockwall™ fire rated wall panels have been used in a wide-variety of applications including the following:
- Large commercial, industrial, and institutional buildings
- Exterior wall cladding, interior partitions, and liners with non-combustible requirements
- Machinery and equipment rooms
- Mezzanine fire separations
- Fire resistant enclosures for conveyors and elevators
- Corridors, hallways and links
- Containment rooms for chemical and flammable material storage
- Mining, oilfield, and milling operations
- Limiting distance applications
- Walls at lot lines
- Boundary and demising walls
- High occupancy areas
- Food production and processing
- Cold storage industry
- Coolers and freezers
- Clean rooms
- Small outbuilding applications
Rockwall™ Product Superiority
Rockwall™ is a stressed skin, sandwich panel with metal facings permanently bonded to Rockwool Conrock® mineral wool core with a heat polymerizing adhesive. The panels are produced in a continuous in-line method for optimum uniformity and quality. The steel top and bottom are 26 gauge pre-painted silicone-polyester finish and profiled galvanized steel facings that are roll-formed and bonded continuously with thermosetting adhesive to mineral fiber insulation.
The core material is cut into lamella strips with perpendicular fiber orientation that provides additional strength, dimensional stability, and moisture resistance.
A tongue and groove interlocking edge is designed in both the core and the metal facing, producing an easy to install joint that is water tight. Optional sealant can be applied during installation. Panels are 46 inches wide and custom lengths cut up to 32 feet.
Rockwall™ and Isowall® panels have the same profile edge and facings so they can be seamlessly integrated for architectural agreement.
- Critical line of defense in fire protection: passive fire protection of 1, 2, or 3 hours (4”, 5”, 6”) non-combustible core (no sprinklers required) possesses excellent fire-stopping properties and does not develop smoke or promote flame spread when exposed to fire
- Available in core thickness from 2.5 to 10 inches
- High thermal barrier envelope and vapour resistance resulting in significant energy saving R-value (R4 per inch) for consistent thermal performance and thermal envelope. Energy cost savings of as much as 30% over traditional multi part building systems. LEED credits can contribute up to 22 points with mineral wool panel
- Enhanced sound containment for a quieter environment
- Esthetic flush exterior profile with a smooth, microrib, or shadow line surface in choices of standard colours
- Maintenance-free performance and long building lifecycles
- Installation process can cut construction costs in half: Tongue and grove edge enables ease of construction and edge harmonizes with ISOWALL panel system. Custom fabricated wall and ceiling building solutions in lengths of any transportable length
- Ratings – panels comply with industry standards and building safety codes, including CFIA acceptance for sanitary room requirements as well as Intertek Fire Resistance Rating for a non-load bearing wall [ASTM E119 Fire resistance rating 1, 2, and 3 hour Warnock Hersey Design No. SPI/FWP 180-01, CSI : Code 07 42 63]
- Rockwall™ mineral wool core is made from natural basalt rock and recycled slag providing a lighter environmental footprint and LEED point credits that contribute to sustainable development
- Intertek fire rating ASTM E119, zero smoke, zero flame spread (CAN/ULC S101) 1 hour, 2 hour and 3 hour (SPI/WPA 180-01).
- Intertek air infiltration test ASTM E283; air infiltration 0.00 L/s-m at 75 Pa and 0.00 L/s-m at 300 Pa.
- Intertek water leakage test ASTM E331. No leakage at pressure differential of 730 Pa. Core material is designed in lamella strips with perpendicular fibre orientation that provides additional strength, dimensional stability and moisture resistance.
- Interior and exterior facings are CFIA accepted 0.18 min, G-90 hot dipped galvanized steel, conforming to ASTM A653-Grade 33 pre-coated with an imperial white standard finish. Acoustical properties – 4 = 300db (weighted CRI).
- Panels last as long as the service life of a typical commercial building and comply with various industry standards and building safety codes. Our durable fire rated wall panels also reduce operational costs for energy and maintenance, and offer multiple end-of-life reuse options.
Please click here for more detailed Rockwall™ technical specifications.